1 Cup of butter (softened)
½ Cup of Caster sugar
2 ½ Cups of Plain flour
- Preheat smoker/oven to 160c/320f with wood of your choice. Bring smoker/oven to the point of holding on only hot, clean, coals; maintain by adjusting flue baffle to rest all the way open and firebox door open ¼.
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Add flour and mix till texture is like clay.
- Roll into 1-inch balls, then press balls to about 1/4-inch thickness on greased tray with a fork or press down with the bottom of a glass dipped in sugar. (Alternatively roll out dough to 1/2cm thickness and cut out shape/s desired).
- Bake at 160c/320f, flue baffle open for about 30-40 minutes (until just golden around the edges). You can also lift dough gently and have a look at the bottom, if golden brown you’re all done…
- Let stand for 5 minutes to cool on cake rack.